The Box Office
An online diary of the movies that matter, as I see them,explained and explicated daily (hopefully), at least weekly, and hopefully never weakly.
ElectricMovies Diary bloghome | contact

ElectricMovies Links
AllThingsMike, perhaps the only website you'll ever need!
ElectricMovies
Movie Reviews Blog
Coming Soon
In Theaters
The DVD Section
"Moulin Rouge" ElectricMovies Best Film of 2001
"Gangs of New York" ElectricMovies Best Film of 2002
Movie Reviews by Michael F. Nyiri
MilkPlus, A Discussion of Film
Images retreived from Internet Movie Database
Diary Vaults

:: Thursday, July 03, 2003 ::

Here are some choice quotes from "The Gangs of New York" by Marty Scorsese, written by Steven Zaillian and Kenneth Lonergan and Jay Cocks

"If only I had the guns, Mr. Tweed, I'd shoot each and every one of them before they set foot on American soil." Bill "The Butcher" Cutter
"Each of the five points is a finger. When I close my hand, it becomes a fist." Bill "The Butcher"
"The spirit of the law has to be upheld. Especially while it's being broken." "Boss" Tweed
"Suppose I help myself to everything." "Suppose you do." "Amsterdam Vallon
"The spectacle of fearsome acts. Somebody steals from me. I cut off his hands. He offends me. I cut off his toe. He rises against me. I cut off his head, stick it on a pike, raise it high up, so all in the streets can see.That's what preserves the order of things. Fear." Bill "The Butcher"
"Whattaya say, Jen? One more time for the sweet souvenier." Bill "The Butcher"
"My allegience is to the law. I'm paid to uphold the law." Jack............"What in heaven's name are you talking about? You may have misgivings, but don't go believing that, Jack. That way lies damnation....I want you to go out there, and I want...you...to punish the person....who's...responsible...for murdering this poor little rabbit.."Bill "The Butcher"
"The Earth turns, but we don't feel it move. And one night you look up. One spark, and the sky's on fire." "Amsterdam Vallon"
"The past is the torch that lights our way.Where our fathers have showed us the path, we will follow." "Amsterdam" Vallon
"I wonder if Miss Everdeen could angle her rifle in another direction." "Boss" Tweed
"All Right, Line Up. It's Election Day." Bill "The Butcher"
Bill: "Weapons?" Amsterdam: "That I leave up to you." Bill: "Bricks, bats, axes, knives...... pistols??"
Amsterdam: " No....pistols." Bill: "Good boy."
"For those of us what lived and died in them furious days, it was like everything we knew was mightily swept away, and no matter what they did to build up this city up again, for the rest of time, it would be like no one would even knew we was ever here." "Amsterdam" Vallon
The Gangs of New York page should be finished by the end of the holiday.....
:: Michael Nyiri 8:04 PM Leave a Comment on this Post ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?