The Box Office
An online diary of the movies that matter, as I see them,explained and explicated daily (hopefully), at least weekly, and hopefully never weakly.
ElectricMovies Diary bloghome | contact

ElectricMovies Links
AllThingsMike, perhaps the only website you'll ever need!
ElectricMovies
Movie Reviews Blog
Coming Soon
In Theaters
The DVD Section
"Moulin Rouge" ElectricMovies Best Film of 2001
"Gangs of New York" ElectricMovies Best Film of 2002
Movie Reviews by Michael F. Nyiri
MilkPlus, A Discussion of Film
Images retreived from Internet Movie Database
Diary Vaults

:: Sunday, July 06, 2003 ::

I'm going through files and folders on my server and trying to combine all the pertinent "blog entries" I prepared to different versions of many blogs I wish to destroy, and came upon the following from an unused page in 2002. Instead of deleting the entry, I will post it here. Perhaps I should post it closer to it's actual date, but then, who reads me except me anyway?

"Here you are, supplying logic to a movie that defies it." Eric Roeper 9/22/02

The most intelligent thing Mr. Roeper has ever uttered, and it was to Roger Ebert, after Ebert tried to justify the existence of the American FBI in Vancouver while reviewing the movie "Ballistic" Often critics, and audiences, attempt to "explain" the inexplicable in an entertainment. Too often, I believe, this intrudes on the enjoyment of whatever art is being presented, so I prefer not to "examine too closely" or "interpret" the entertainment I see, and if there is a glaring mistake in exposition (or lack thereof) plot mechanics, continuity, or bad acting, it acknowledges a groan, and I try to let the movie wash over me again with whatever charms it exudes.
:: Michael Nyiri 1:07 PM Leave a Comment on this Post ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?