The Box Office
An online diary of the movies that matter, as I see them,explained and explicated daily (hopefully), at least weekly, and hopefully never weakly.
ElectricMovies Diary bloghome | contact

ElectricMovies Links
AllThingsMike, perhaps the only website you'll ever need!
ElectricMovies
Movie Reviews Blog
Coming Soon
In Theaters
The DVD Section
"Moulin Rouge" ElectricMovies Best Film of 2001
"Gangs of New York" ElectricMovies Best Film of 2002
Movie Reviews by Michael F. Nyiri
MilkPlus, A Discussion of Film
Images retreived from Internet Movie Database
Diary Vaults

:: Saturday, July 05, 2003 ::

It's the day after the fourth of July, which wasn't that "liberating" for me since I spent the entire day "locked up" in my media room, which becomes a blast furnace during the summer time, importing images for and constructing my two page "appreciation" of "Gangs of New York", accessible through the image on the post below. Perhaps today will be a "movie day". I do really want to see the new "Terminator" film. My housemate even expressed an interest in going, but from early returns it looks like the crowds will be heavy. "Hulk" dropped last week, and I must say the only thing recommending that film to me is the director: Ang Lee. whose "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" was my choice for Best Picture two years ago. (Was it that long ago?) He also has directed quite a few "classics" but I'll mention the seldom seen "Ride With the Devil" with Tobey McGuire, a rather eye opening look at the jayhawkers and bushwackers in Missouri during the Civil War. Back to "Ahnold", whose "Terminator II 3D" ride I caught when visiting Universal studios a few weeks ago, I only recently discovered that Claire Danes is in the film. I usually like her work a lot. However, Turan's review in the Times suggests that her role will be one of "the screamer", a genre part I don't care for at all. Makes me think of Tea Leoni in "Jurrassic Park III", Fay Wray in "King Kong", or the piercingly grating Ann Robinson in "War of the Worlds". The best line in the trailer for T3, Ahnold's "I'm an obsolete design" is getting a nod in almost every review.
Although strictly a future DVD rental for me, "Legally Blonde II" is out, and I sure am glad they made a sequel to "Blonde". I remember seeing the original on HBO or Starz a while back, and thought, "Now there are some people I'd love to visit in a future film. Why don't they make a sequel to this?" They must have listened to me!
:: Michael Nyiri 8:41 AM Leave a Comment on this Post ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?