The Box Office
An online diary of the movies that matter, as I see them,explained and explicated daily (hopefully), at least weekly, and hopefully never weakly.
ElectricMovies Diary bloghome | contact

ElectricMovies Links
AllThingsMike, perhaps the only website you'll ever need!
ElectricMovies
Movie Reviews Blog
Coming Soon
In Theaters
The DVD Section
"Moulin Rouge" ElectricMovies Best Film of 2001
"Gangs of New York" ElectricMovies Best Film of 2002
Movie Reviews by Michael F. Nyiri
MilkPlus, A Discussion of Film
Images retreived from Internet Movie Database
Diary Vaults

:: Saturday, August 27, 2005 ::




"March of the Penguins" is one of those documentary movies, like "Winged Migration", that really deserves to be seen by all of humanity, because these films "humanize" the animal and avian participants to such a degree that I believe these films act as "tracts" for my "universal mind" theory that all spirits are equal, and we have more in common with "life" than differences, although the differences are always what are read about and see in the media.
I haven't even seen "March of the Penguins" yet, but just watched their trailer on the Yahoo service, from which I am gleaning the images you see here, even though when I used to update this blog, I used images form the IMDB. Now the images in the IMDB are "locked" so nobody can "steal them". '
It is a shame I cannot just click a button somewhere and see the film on my 19" computer monitor, because upon seeing the trailer on Yahoo, I immediately wanted to see the film.
I am reminded of the time I and a friend went to the Cinerama dome in Hollywood to see Oliver Stone's Jim Morrison biography, "The Doors", and I wished I could buy a laserdisc of the film on my way out of the theater. (That was in the "pre-DVD days)
Why can't we, now,half a decade into the 21st century, just download the movie into our computers when we wish to be entertained by them? After all, the 'link' in a webpage should eventually lead to the "content" itself, in this case, the film, "March of the Penguins".
While watching the trailer, I was immediately reminded that I had read an article in the L.A. Times concerning the "scriptwriter" for the "American " version of the film. In France, where the movie is called "La Marche de l'empereur" the penguins are given "voice" and the story is more like Ken Murray's "Bill and Coo" in 1948, where the birds have "personalities" and speak English. In "March of the Penguins" they speak French, of course, but I hope the DVD edition of the movie, where I wil see it, on my HDTV, will feature both soundtracks, so I can decide which one I like better.
:: Michael Nyiri 9:04 PM Leave a Comment on this Post ::
...
Comments:
Pretty good post.I found your website perfect for my needs. thanks for sharing the great ideas.

 
There is noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made sure nice points in features also.

 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?